Saturday, January 16, 2010

What's the best squirrel proof birdfeeder for woodpeckers?

There is special birdfeed for woodpeckers that squirrels don't like, and feeders made just for them, too. Check out the links I have provided for you.What's the best squirrel proof birdfeeder for woodpeckers?
Woodpeckers seem to like the tube type bird feeders as that is how they eat naturally, vertical pecking on a tree for bugs. But I have seen squirrels get into all kinds of strange postions to get bird seed. Therefore I would recommend changing the feed not the feeder. There is a bird seed you can buy that has a mild spicy flavor added that squirrels hate but birds love. I usually see it at my local whole food store as well as other places that sell food and feeders.What's the best squirrel proof birdfeeder for woodpeckers?
A tree with an electrical fence wrapped around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment