Monday, January 4, 2010

Do squirrel proof birdfeeders really work, and what type is best?

I've tried the kind with the perch that drops down when squirrels put their weight on it, but it didn't hold up over the winter, the spring mechanism spronged :-(. p.s. I feed the buggers on their own tray, but NO, they are selfish and want it ALL!!!)Do squirrel proof birdfeeders really work, and what type is best?
The best, and my only way, was to place an umbrella type


product (this can be purchase in most any feed store)


on the pole before it reaches the feeder. Impossible to get around it)





That way the extra feed falls to the ground (for other birds %26amp;


squirrels) and the animal definetly cannot get around the


umbrella. . . I use a heavy plastic purchased type.





quite inexpensive, durable and IT WORKS!





good luckDo squirrel proof birdfeeders really work, and what type is best?
Just buy shepherd hooks to hang the feeders on and don't place the feeders near trees or houses where the squirels can just jump onto the feeder.
Yes, my mom uses them. I don't though because squirrels need to eat too. I guess the animals at my house share better.

No comments:

Post a Comment