Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do I make a squirrel proof bird feeder?

you can buy one at a local bird place or where you get bird seed and stuff. I have seen many squirrel proof feeders, and YES they are real!!!


here's an image of a squirrel proof feeder:


http://pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop鈥?/a>


when the weight from the squirrel is on the little post where little birds sit, the wholes that have seed in will close up! So the squirrel can't get in. These are sold like every where, like Wal-Mart.


below is another link to a website with lots of sqirrel proof feeders. You can either buy one or get ideas from these ones.


Good luck!!!


http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>


How do I make a squirrel proof bird feeder?
Look for a bird feeder with no platform or find one with a platform that tilts with to much weight a flower store called Reynolds sells them but it depends on where you live mostly every flower store has some sort of bird feeder so look around and see what you find. I'm sorry I can't give you specific info because I don't know where you live. But I do know most flower shops or pet shops carry them. If you have a Petsmart near you look there or check in a tool department. Sometimes they have some nice stuff including squirrel proof bird feeders. I am glad I could help.How do I make a squirrel proof bird feeder?
grease the pole. i don't think there is a squirrel proof bird feeder but you can take precautions. seriously grease the pole and put it far enough from trees that they can't jump from the branches. my parents just gave in and put up squirrel feeders too. as long as they had food on them the squirrels left the bird feeders alone. good luck
I know squrrels are pests when trying to feed your birds but my mum has tried everything to stop squrrels from taking the nuts but to know avail, maybe you could try and get in touch with the BBC nature programme and maybe they could help you with this 1.









Here is a website I found looks pretty easy! Good luck!








http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-build-a-Flexi-Perch-Squirrel-proof-birdfe/
It depends on what kind of birds your attracting (the howl size).

No comments:

Post a Comment