Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do I squirrel-proof my yard?

I do not have a bird feeder but have heard people having problems of squirrels chewing up wires in cars. I wish to prevent this.How do I squirrel-proof my yard?
It was once suggested to me by a wildlife expert, who was helping us with raccoon and armadillo visitors, to sprinkle cayenne pepper where ever you see evidence of these yard pests. They learn very quickly that when they go in your yard and then lick their paws that it's gonna be HOT!How do I squirrel-proof my yard?
Thank you, Chad M. Will try your suggestion, soon.

Report Abuse



This seems a good deterent and would not poison us nor the rodent. I thought they were cute until the lady at the car repair place was told by the mechanic that squirrels had chewed the car's wires!

Report Abuse



I have never heard of squirrels chewing wires in your car But mice are bad about it.
there is no way to squirrel proof your yard you might put out poison in traps but you will never rid yourself of them completely also the poison in traps may be illegal in your state
Get a terrier and leave it outside during the day.


Terriers hate rodents.
I have never heard of that. I have heard of them storing walnuts in the engine compartment though. I like squirrels. I think it would be pretty impossible to keep them out they are very clever
don't worry about it now, squirrels only get into the engine whne it's cold out and the engine is warm, besides i always park outside and never had a squirrel get into my engine, they did eat my phone line coming into the house once. and did get into the house, but i chased it out. Can't squirrel proof a yard anyway
move to australia we r completely squirrel-free
don't own a yard. or a car. it's impossible to ';squirrel-proof'; things.

No comments:

Post a Comment